PEP 308: some candidate uses cases from live code

Martin Maney maney at pobox.com
Mon Feb 10 23:16:14 EST 2003

Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> That's half-true, in the context of this discussion.  Adding an extra
> step to explain why
>
>    print if x: x else: y
>
> works is going to be a lot more difficult, IMO.

Well, yes, since that's not the PEP syntax.

  print x if x else y

doesn't seem to me to present any serious problems.  :-)

So is it that you call him BDFL because he blushes when you say
"genius"?  That syntax looks better every time I write it, but I really
though it was a Norwegian Blue when I first saw it.