greed (was)

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Thu Feb 6 20:40:41 EST 2003

"Brandon Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> writes:

> Mike Meyer wrote:
> >
> > I didn't say that MS doesn't deal with any power user issues, I said
> > they weren't trying to solve them.
> I disagree.

I know what I said. You clearly don't.

> Things are working fine here for me.  W2K SP3...

I would say that's good evidence you aren't a power user, but just a
user with an application that soaks up CPU power. Everytime I forget
and start trying to treat a Windows box like a real computer, it falls
over. I haven't tried W2K, but W95, W98, WNT and WXP all do that. They
are perfectly happy so long as I treat them delicately and turn them
off at night, but if I forget and start leaving my applications open
for easy access - *poof*.

        <mike