Andrew Koenig ark at
Sun Feb 9 00:21:39 CET 2003

Aahz> From my POV, usable orthogonality is related to simplicity.
Aahz> Adding a ternary operator reduces Python's simplicity, and
Aahz> therefore a certain amount of orthogonality.  Listcomps fit
Aahz> "practicality beats purity", but I just don't see that *in*
Aahz> *the* *aggregate* for ternaries.

I guess that's a judgment call.  I'm working on a library right now in
which it would be quite useful to be able to embed conditionals in
lambda-expressions instead of having to define them as separate

Andrew Koenig, ark at,