declaration of variables?

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Wed Feb 19 05:24:36 EST 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 23:06, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> {have others realized that this one is drowning in language choices? 20
> (not counting overlaps: Kylix C++, gcc 2.96, gcc 3.0, etc.) installed
> on Mandrake Linux, and 8 or so on W98}

Knowing several languages is a Good Thing (tm). There is no 'magic bullet', or
a single tool that is good for everything. Different languages also gives one
a much better perspective on several ways to solve problems, and every time
you learn a new trick on a given language, you learn a little bit more about
all the others.

Couple this with the huge availability of compilers/interpreters for Linux,
and we've got a lot of toys to play around :-)

Carlos Ribeiro
cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br