.NET and Python?

Peter Wu peterwu at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 03:09:52 EST 2003

Max> David Lees wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't know C#, but VB vs C# is not the question I am trying to
>> discuss.  I am trying to find out if Python can be used in the .NET
>> enviornment (which I have never used, but may in the near future).

Max> As far as I understand, Python does not support the common language
Max> runtime. But it does support Com. This should mean that you can use
Max> .net components from Python, but not write them. You can however
Max> write com objects in Python. They can most likely be use from .net

Python for .NET Research

Python for .NET is an exploratory implementation of the Python language for the .NET Framework. The archive includes general documentation on the project itself, documentation and complete source code for the Python for .NET Research compiler.

http://www.activestate.com/Corporate/Initiatives/NET/Research.html?_x=1

--
Peter Wu