Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Sat Feb 8 19:38:58 EST 2003

On Saturday 08 February 2003 03:05 pm, James P. Rutledge wrote:
> It would be a matter of getting accustomed to the meaning
>
>     (expression_if_false, expression__if_true)[condition]

Please, no. And this has nothing to do with knowledge of other programming
languages. It's about common sense. I don't know a single person who would
write logical statements of any type, in any language - english, russian, or
ancient greek - in that order.

Now probably someone will point out some weird grammar that is just like that.
But it doesn't make it any more 'common sensical'. And, if there is something
that is really 'pythonic', it's the feeling of deep 'common sense' that you
get while working with the language.

Carlos Ribeiro
cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br