PyCon DC 2003 Sprints

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Feb 14 16:54:44 EST 2003

Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at zope.com> wrote:
[snip]
> The sprint approach works best when the first few hours are spent
> getting oriented -- presenting a tutorial for the development material,
> laying out the stories to tackle for the day, getting everyone a CVS
> checkout to work with.

A few notes from a fairly experienced sprinter (as far as experience goes).
If the amount of participants to the sprint is expected to be large
(10+) it is important to do some of this preparation in advance, as
otherwise you'll waste lots of time on this during the sprint itself.
So let everybody do a CVS checkout before the sprint, try to assign tasks
to tackle before the sprint.

Regards,

Martijn