File date

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Fri Feb 7 01:48:02 EST 2003

File dates and other information:

    os.stat
    stat module (interpreting the results of the previous)

Date/time functions:
    time module
    mx.DateTime (advanced extension library for dealing with real-world
dates, far more flexible than the time module, but probably overkill for
just now)

You can find decent information in the (standard) documentation for this
kind of thing:

    Library Reference (standard library divided by function)
    Global Module Index (standard library by module name)

Hope this helps,
Mike

James wrote:

>Hello NG,
>Can someone please help me with a file/date question?
>I need to be able to get the date a file was created,
>can anyone offer any suggestions of code snippets.
>Also, I'm new to this, so if there is a module or a library
>I can call to get date/time functions I would really appreciate
>the help
>Thanks
>Jim

  Mike C. Fletcher