which Python XSLT module?

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 11:17:30 EST 2003

We have to translate a couple of XML documents to various other
formats.  XSLT seems good for this.  Is there Python support for XSLT
that works out-of-the-box?

After installing pyxml and doing "import xml.xslt" as some examples
suggest I get an error already...its a shame because their xmlHOWTO
document looks good (but does not dive into xslt), and good documents
are usually a sign of good modules.  Somebody suggested "4Suite" but
others reported many errors and installation problems with that.  What
is the current status?  What library or module should I look at?  I
have been searching c.l.p. and other internet resources but could not
find something decisive.  What do you use?