List comprehension confusion...

Andy Jewell andy at wild-flower.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 05:44:46 EST 2003

WRT map() and list comps:

Which is the most 'pythonic'
Which is the most efficient?

I personally find list comprehensions quite obfuscated - it's one of the few
constructs within python which is not immediately obvious to a beginner or
non-pythonist.

When I read the concept in GVR's Tutorial, I was expecting something much more
understandable.  For me, map has less mental barriers, but it still doesn't
seem to say much about what's going on.

I think it has to do with having a for-loop inside a pair of subscript
braces...

-andyj