Voting for PEP 308

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Feb 9 15:13:34 EST 2003

Paul Moore wrote:

> I didn't follow your explanation in the slightest.

Okay, so I attempted and failed.  Could at least try and explaing your
reasoning to _me_, then?

> Neither side can get a 3/4 supermajority. So it's undecided. That
> seems an accurate assessment to me.
>
> What you don't like is what Guido proposes to do on an undecided
> vote.

Guido never said anything about a 3/4 supermajority, as far as I can
see.  I just want _him_ to make the decision himself, not others to make
the decision for him by proxy because of arbitrarily high quotas they
(have to) know neither side can reach.

> What Guido does with an undecided result isn't for us to say.

That's my point.  Give him the data, let him decide.  But Aahz wants to
make the decision for him, as the original wording of the voting
proposal stated.

/  \ Life is an effort that deserves a better cause.
\__/ Karl Kraus
    Alcyone Systems / http://www.alcyone.com/
 Alcyone Systems, San Jose, California.