error trying to install DCOracle2 in zope

David Rushby woodsplitter at rocketmail.com
Sun Feb 9 23:54:58 EST 2003

"theo" <t at w.nl> wrote in message news:1044801541.802199 at vti03.vertis.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install DCOracle2 1.2 in zope.
> But I get the error:
>
> dco2.so: undefined symbol: PyType_IsSubtype
>
> I've read all I could find on the subject, but can't get it to work.
>
> I'm using:
> redhat 8.0
> python 2.1.3
> zope 2.6.0
> DCOracle2 1.1 (and I've tried 1.2)

PyType_IsSubtype is a Python C API function that was not introduced until
Python 2.2.  DCOracle2 is hosted on zope.org and is (presumably) intended to
be useful to Zope2 users (who're stuck with Python 2.1).

Redhat 8.0 comes with Python 2.2.1 installed by default; could it be that
you compiled DCOracle2 against Python 2.2.1, but installed it for use with
Python 2.1.3?