Perl Vs Python

Derek Thomson dthomson at NOSPAMusers.sf.net
Fri Feb 28 06:49:20 EST 2003

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> On Thursday 27 February 2003 23:57, Derek Thomson wrote:
>
>>If you want to promote Python, don't do this, as any Perl programmer seeing
>>this rubbish is going to roll their eyes, sigh loudly, and assume Python
>>advocates are just clueless. That doesn't do Python any good.
>

> " If you want to promote <FOO/>, don't do this, as any <BAR/> programmer
> seeing this rubbish is going to roll their eyes, sigh loudly, and assume
> <FOO/> advocates are just clueless. That doesn't do <FOO/> any good."

Yes, you can apply that to anything - since in general it's important
that you know what you are talking about instead of regurgitating FUD in
order to appear knowledgeable.

> ...where <foo/> might be a TCL and <bar/> might be a BASH. But... since you're
> too offensive (probably you're just ~17 years old), I would not like to
> comment your post.

Whatever. I wasn't the one who was doing the insulting, and talking
about things he didn't have a single clue about.

If you can't defend your arguments, just admit your error and move on
... that would be the mature response. Just don't post this silly
nonsense again if you don't want to be corrected. Sheesh!

Regards,
Derek.