float / double support in Python?

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Wed Feb 12 05:23:42 EST 2003

Paul Foley wrote:

> Please name /any/ domain for which C++ is better than one of
>
>  (a) Lisp
>  (b) C
>  (c) assembler

C++ is superior to all 3 for the vast majority of 3D graphics problems.

> Most people use Windows, too.

Saying Windows isn't a superior solution for some purposes is just foolish.
For instance, it is the best commodity 3D graphics platform in existence.
You can't get a better deal in terms of 3D apps, 3D HW availability, and
widespread deployability of whatever you choose to write.  But believe what
you like.

> And vote Labour.

Maybe Labour has more of a point for most people than it does for you
personally.  Popular political parties are not "wrong."  They reflect
certain fundamental human concerns.  I really can't stand the kinds of
liberals who make hissing noises and vampire cross fingers at Republicans,
it's such an intellectually weak stance.

20% of the world is real.