Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Sat Feb 8 12:37:19 EST 2003

Alex> Andrew Koenig wrote:

>> the C++ standard, we received a comment from one country that they
>> would not approve the standard as long as it allowed for multiple ways
>> of achieving the same affect, and to that end this country insisted

Alex> Heh -- my favourite retort to this kind of extremism, when I
Alex> hear it applied to Python, is to feign agreement and then ask
Alex> whether they'd prefer Python to forbid "x+1", or "1+x"...;-).

My actual retort was to say that we should remove addition entirely,
becuase we can always simulate it by using subtraction.

--
Andrew Koenig, ark at research.att.com, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark