SocketServer question

Rene Pijlman reageer.in at de.nieuwsgroep
Sat Feb 15 11:23:27 EST 2003

Nagy László:
>This is from the Python Library Reference, about SocketServer:
> >request_queue_size: The size of the request queue. If it takes a long
>time to process a single request, any requests that arrive while the
>server is busy are placed into a >queue, up to request_queue_size
>requests. Once the queue is full, further requests from clients will get
>a ``Connection denied'' error. The default value is usually 5, >but this
>can be overridden by subclasses.
>
>I do not fully understand what does it mean. Is it for synchronous
>processing only?

When every request gets its own thread there is still a little
time needed to create the thread, and thus for the main thread
to be able to accept new incoming requests. Theoretically, on a
very busy site, with many simultaneous requests, requests could
be ignored.

The queue in the TCP/IP stack decreases the probability that
this will happen due to temporary busyness and load.

--
René Pijlman

Wat wil jij leren?  http://www.leren.nl