Non-english speaking Pythonistas needed

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at
Tue Feb 11 10:30:11 CET 2003

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 03:30, Roman Suzi wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Daniel Dittmar wrote:
> >To enhance the appeal of Python to programmers with a non english
> >background, it has been suggested to create entry pages for several
> >languages at
> I think it's not needed. Every country has it's own TLD. And. of course,
> python.TLD is expected to have national Python web-site.
> (or in some countries it's or whatever they put
> their org subdomain)

This is not easy. There are several rules for domain registration, that vary
from country to country. In order to be able to register such a domain (in my
case,, I would need to prove that I have a non-profit
organization related to this name in some way. It's just too much hassle.

There's a better way to solve this problem (IMHO): add the tld to the domain,
as in this example:

Several sites do exactly this provide customized versions of their content.
It's a way to solve the problem without having to resort to multiple base

Carlos Ribeiro
cribeiro at