Joining strings versus augmented assignment

Andy Todd andy_todd at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 12:33:56 EST 2003

Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<b1i3nl$12s$1 at slb2.atl.mindspring.net>...
> >>Andy Todd wrote:
[snip]

> So Andy Todd could be looking for such documentation.  Which doesn't
> really exist.
>
> 					Andrew
> 					dalke at dalkescientific.com

I wasn't necessarily looking for documentation, just an explanation.
Which has been ably provided and readily understood, thanks.

I figured that Greg's advice was caused by an implementation issue, I
just didn't know which one. Searching using my back up brain (google)
didn't find any other references. Now we have some.

FWIW I crudely bench marked some of my code using both styles and
couldn't find a noticeable difference. So I guess it is horses for
courses but I am at least aware of the choices available to me.

Regards,
Andy