Holy macaroni I stink at this

Anna revanna at mn.rr.com
Wed Feb 12 00:25:11 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:25:15 +0000, Hutchins, Mike wrote:

> Ok, I am trying my damnedest to learn python and programming in general. I
> have this amazingly ugly script I am trying to write.
>
> It works as long as there are no errors. Can anyone point me to a resource
> that may be a little more insightful for trapping errors and what to do
> with them?
>
> I can post my "amazingly ugly code"(tm) if anyone wants a good laugh.
> :-)
>
> Thanks!

Welcome!

There's a few of us stinkers here... Don't worry - you'll come up smelling
like roses much quicker with Python than with any other language... (They
keep assuring me of that anyway...<grin>) Besides - it's *fun*!

As to your question, I found the "Error Handling" section of Alan Gauld's
tutorial pretty useful: http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/
His tutorial is intended for newbies to programming and is heavily
Python-oriented. It covers Python's try...except pretty nicely.

And if you have specific code that's causing you headaches - do post it
here and the old hands who know what they're doing will generally be
pretty helpful... (especially if you let them know what FAQs and docs
you've already read in your Quest for the Holy Gr^H^H^H^H^H^H^H answer to
your question...)

Just my $.03 worth.
Anna
--
Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.