[ANN] PySQLite 0.4.0 released

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Tue Feb 11 17:36:58 EST 2003

* Bob X <bobx at linuxmail.org> [2003-02-11 21:36 +0000]:
> Do I need to get SQLite seperately? Or does PySQLite have everything in the
> box?

On Windows, you only need to download our binary installer - it's
statically linked against SQLite.

On Unix, you'll need to install SQLite first, then build PySQLite.

Now if your Unix flavour is actually Linux and in particular Debian, you
can build a package using "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" in the PySQLite
source directory.

I also maintain a FreeBSD package for PySQLite (and SQLite) that's in
ports.

If you're using a RPM-based Linux distribution, you can get a SQLite RPM
from the SQLite homepage ...

For date/time types, it's recommended you install mxDateTime too, but
mxDateTime isn't required.

Gerhard
--
Favourite database:             http://www.postgresql.org/