global threading.Lock not locking correctly?

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org
Tue Feb 4 19:05:31 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:42:36PM +0000, Afanasiy wrote:

> >> Hahaha, damnit! That's from too much Delphi...
> >> I wish I could toggle such things to be 'warnings'.
> >>
> >> Or does PyChecker also check for this?
> >
> >Sure, it gives a "Statement appears to have no effect" warning.
> >
> >So why aren't you using it yet?  If you were, you wouldn't
> >have to ask...;-).
>
> Because like many things, figuring out how to make it work in Windows
> takes a bit more work, if it is even possible at all. So I put that off
> while working on other things. I will surely try again later.

It works just fine on windows.  I don't recall any special problems with
just "setup.py install"ing it, except that it doesn't install to be on the
path (but it does put a handy batch file in C:\Python22\Scripts, or
something like that, iirc).

I'd invest the time right now into installing pychecker, because it is easy
and it will save you time in the long run.

-Andrew.