Yet Another Case Question

Erik Max Francis max at
Tue Feb 25 03:58:49 CET 2003

"Greg Ewing (using" wrote:

> The Python standard library certainly leaves something
> to be desired in the area of uniform naming conventions.
> But to me that's an argument for tidying it up, and
> documenting a set of conventions for future contributors
> to follow -- not for abandoning case-sensitivity.

Indeed, since the lack of conventions span more than just consistent use
of case, but also variations on theseidentifiers with these_identifiers
and even theseIdentifiers.

The lack of consistency in the standard library really trascends issues
of case sensitivity or insensitivity.

 Erik Max Francis / max at /
/  \ I thought I might never see another Saturday night.
\__/ Robert S. MacNamara Aliens vs. Predator 2 /
 A personal guide to Aliens vs. Predator 2.