Case sensitivity

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Mon Feb 24 09:21:19 EST 2003

"Anna" <revanna at mn.rr.com> writes:

> it's kinda annoying to type in something like mx.DateTime.Today and
> have it tell me it doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I find that the above really improves my productivity.

Having to press the SHIFT key once every four keystrokes really
improves my typing speed too.

But what really saves me hours of work are bugs of the following
nature[*]:

  doIt = YesOrNo("Do you want to press the Big Red Button ?")
  if YesOrNo("""Initiating Earth destruction sequence.
                This is your last chance to stop.
                Abort ?"""):
      doit = False
  if doIt:
      SetOffDomesdayMachine()

just-my-two-whiplashes-of-the-dead-horse-ly yours,

Jacek

[*] At least in the mx.DateTime.Today case, the system has the decency
    to complain that it doesn't know what I am talking about. Not so,
    in this case. Case sensitivity proponents would, I am sure, spot
    the bug immediately, even if the "..."s represent substantial code.