Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Feb 8 16:26:23 EST 2003

Jp Calderone wrote:

> > You can't get short circuiting behavior by writing a function,
>
>   Yes you can, as you admit below.

Very good:

> > ... unless
> > you want to do obtuse things like alternately eval different
> > passed-in
> > strings in the function.

You could get it by doing something obtuse, obnoxious, and inefficient.
Not surprisingly, that doesn't present itself as a good solution.

But if you'd read that, you would have understood the point, instead of
making a point which I already made.

/  \ Lawyers, I suppose, were children once.
\__/ Charles Lamb
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.