COM server in python - howto restart server

Alexander Eisenhuth stacom at stacom-software.de
Mon Feb 17 15:36:23 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm working on a COM-server in python accessed by excel.

Do I need to shutdown excel each time I'm working on the python server script to get the changes tested or exists a configuration possibility of the server.

Now

$python <serverScript> --register | --unregister

seems somehow only shutdown the interface and not the implementation. (or VBA uses a cached object).

VBA
===
Sub TestPython()
    Dim PyObj As Object
    Set PyObj = Nothing
    Set PyObj = CreateObject("PythonServers.MyServer")
    response = PyObj.Hello("What's up")
    MsgBox response
    Set PyObj = Nothing
End Sub