RedHat 8.0 Apache + Python CGI segmentation faults

Anthony Cunha anthony at
Sun Feb 23 07:35:09 CET 2003

Hello Mr. Holden,

    I  read and enjoyed your book Python Web Programming and I still use it
for reference. To answer your question in short, No. I've built and
implemented many RedHat 8.0 servers with Apache 2.0.44(Compiled), and Python
2.1(RPM). All the CGI scripts are written in Python and I haven't had any
issues. I also tested these scripts on a RH8.0 build using only the distro
RPMs for Apache and Python. Still the results were the same. Then again my
scripts aren't the most complicated in the world but none the less they are
Python scripts. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

                                If you want more information on my RH8.0
builds or the Python scripts letmeknow,

news:F0Q5a.80578$zL6.2341 at