XBase wrapper for Python

Andy Dent dent at oofile.com.au
Thu Feb 6 04:20:53 EST 2003

In article <7876a8ea.0302051847.2d9b2948 at posting.google.com>,
woodsplitter at rocketmail.com (David Rushby) wrote:

>http://www.sequiter.com/products/Python/
Sequiter are the makers of the CodeBase engine which is dBase compatible.

>My not-too-well-researched impression is that when
>it comes to Python-dbase modules, there's a lot of hot air and not much
>stable code.
Is there much need?

The Personal OOFILE engine is cross-platform C++ providing dBase-III+ and
dBase-IV file access (no indexes used). One of my "is it worth it" ideas
is a Python interface to OOFILE.

Would people buy a Python interface that shipped with a compiled library?
How much would you pay for such tools?

Personal OOFILE as source is currently US$99.

--
Andy Dent BSc  MACS  AACM    http://www.oofile.com.au/
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows