Tutorial on how to use Emacs to program Python

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Feb 16 23:51:03 EST 2003

Peter Wu wrote:

> I have read those links before posting my question. In fact, the question
> becomes "how to correctly install the python-mode.el?". I copied it to the
> list dir before doing the Byte Compiling but it did not help. :(
  ^^^^

I assume you meant "lisp" instead of "list."

Anyway, could you post your .emacs file and the directory listing showing
where your python-mode.el file is located?  Also, if Emacs shows any errors
or warnings when it starts (check the terminal if you started from the
command line; also check for the *Warnings* buffer in Emacs).

---Tom