PEP-308 a "simplicity-first" alternative

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Feb 11 19:35:04 EST 2003

[holger krekel]
>       x and y else z

[Christian Tismer]
> What I like so much about the proposal is, that it cures an existing
> construct, does not introduce new keywords, and it is small, although
> it uses words, only.
>
> I have the strong feeling that it will make it.

Redefining truth used to be easier <wink>:  I mentioned it to Guido late
afternoon, and his reaction was that it must have been cooked up by someone
who spent too much time in this thread.

> Holger, this was an outstanding, genial idea!

In the context of this thread, I agree.  Stepping back, there have been lots
of ideas in these threads that wouldn't have gotten a second glance had they
been proposed a month ago.  However, it may be hard to tell the difference
unless you're Guido <wink>.