Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 18:34:13 EST 2003

"Donn Cave" <donn at drizzle.com> writes:

> -1 if anyone's counting.

I think the idea is that there'll be a separate vote. Which I'm not
too happy about - I'd rather the "general consensus" of the thread(s)
be seen as the opinion of c.l.p. Too many people are likely to abstain
from a vote (based on my experience).

And in any case, I think it proves something that Guido's so fed up of
all this that he's willing to implement something he basically
disagrees with, just to shut up the arguments once and for all (at
least that's how I interpret Guido's opening remarks on the
PEP).

Dictators-shouldn't-call-referenda-ly y'rs
Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank