Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Andy Freeman anamax at
Sun Feb 2 19:41:58 CET 2003

"Brandon Van Every" <vanevery at> wrote in message news:<vP3%9.3162$6P2.354639 at>...
> Andy Freeman wrote:
> > Actually, "as simple as is appropriate" is better than "as simple as
> > possible".  C/C++ favors the latter and punishes the former.
> I disagree.  On the industrial scale, I say "as simple as possible."

I've found that I can almost always make something simpler.  I've also
found that doing so beyond a certain point is always bad.  I call that
point "appropriate".  It's usually not close to "possible".

BTW - I've written large programs in several languages and in several
different problem domains, albeit not as many as Martelli.  And you?