Newbie: problem with own module

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Thu Feb 20 05:04:07 EST 2003

Quoth Matthias Stern:
  [...]
> I tried to set a "import WS" command into file boo.py, too. But it didn't
> help. What am I doing wrong?

Dunno; works fine here.  Here's what I did, based on your report:

    $ cat *.py
    # boo.py
    import WS
    def init(name):
            print name
            WS.SetRunMode(1)

    # main.py
    import boo
    def main():
            boo.init('something')
    main()

    # WS.py
    def SetRunMode(n):
            print n

    $ python main.py
    something
    1
    $

Try using exactly these files and see if it works.  If it doesn't,
tell us what happens.  If it does, modify these files a bit at a
time to make them closer to your files, testing the result after
each change, and let us know at what point it breaks.

Steven Taschuk                            staschuk at telusplanet.net
Every public frenzy produces legislation purporting to address it.
                                           (Kinsley's Law)