Tutorial/Review link to c.l.p

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Feb 7 12:41:56 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1044636742.15973.python-list at python.org>,
pedro alvarez <dickerc6 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/GuiProgramming would be the starting
>>point.
>
>Okay, i went there and followed the links.There is a
>lot of information on the various toolkits, but one person cant keep
>up to date on 25+ toolkits. Some of comparisions date back to 1999.
>I dont see how i would be able to improve on that, investigating and keeping
>links and technical developments up to date.
>
>It would be easier for me just to append links to c.l.p relevant threads,
>and update about
>once/twice a month.(i would date the links eg 1/02/03, and provide topics,
>that way a reader might use his common sense). That would save me from doing
>dirty investigative groundwork, trying out all the toolkits. Instead, i
>would rely on c.l.p users opinions to describe the
>toolkits, and i could focus on using wxpython myself.
>

>>Instead of simply linking to the discussion, it would be better to
>
>>summarize them (perhaps with a link to the original thread).
>
>If i did summarize, i would have to keep up to date with the toolkits,
>and always change the summaries. I could just provide a topic and a date
>
>>- it's easier to read
>
>True, but nothing is perfect.
			.
			.
			.
Wikis are cool almost beyond human endurance.  Do the
things you say--if linking to clp postings feels right
to you, then do that--and do them consistently and with
quality, and soon people will come to depend on your
Wiki page(s).  Then they'll start filling in any gaps
they perceive in your work.  I predict you'll find the
result quite fulfilling.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net