[Fwd: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 11 February 2003 Lisp in New York City: Lispers gather to eat and drink]

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 12:35:30 EST 2003

With the kind assent of the author I am forwarding this announcement to
perhaps more comp NGs than he assented to. (oops) Any blame for
over-posting must fall on me.

My thinking is that the nascent lispnyc.org and associated user group
are casting the net wide, reaching out to functional languages of all
kinds, and other folks currently using imperative languages for
production work but who might well be interested in learning of Lisp's
use in production environments.

We have no formal charter, but most yakking has been about real-world
use of Common Lisp, and outreach to the business community currently
/not/ using Lisp, so I don't feel too guilty about spamming y'all.

Besides, it is a great time if you can make it, as much social as
Lispy/computery.

And the constraints crowd especially will be thrilled to learn there
exists a new constraints hack (my pet Cells project) which is currently
being groomed for a major supporting role in a universal Common Lisp
application framework. Sorry, no partial or multi-way constraints, but
it turns out simple linear, dataflowish constraints are the bomb.

Here's the original. Sorry for the short notice. If you think you might
attend, plz email me so I can warn the proprietors of Time Out. No sweat
on this score, tho: the joint is empty at 7PM (the time we are meeting).

kenny
clinisys