Embedded python (again)..

jbi130 at yahoo.com jbi130 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 14:14:17 EST 2003

I've decided Python is the language I want to embed in my app (the
alternative being Perl) due to its much nice interface.

My app could be using multiple Python modules which don't interact
among themselves.  Perl allows you to defined multiple interpreters to
give each of perl 'modules' their own space.  Can something similar be
done with Python?

Also, Py_Initialize() doesn't return a value, and if it fails the
error is considered fatal.  However, in my app if Py_Initialize fails,
it is not the end of the world and we continue without Python
support.  How can I detect if it failed or not?

Thanks