Voting for PEP 308 (was Re: For review: PEP 308 - If-then-else expression)

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Feb 8 13:29:10 EST 2003

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:

> The vote would run in two stages:
>
> * The first stage would simply be in favor or opposing the idea of a
> ternary operator.
>
> * The second stage would be voting on particular forms of the ternary
> operator.

In a vacuum, I like the idea of some kind of ternary operator.  But, I'm
opposed to every one of the suggested syntaxes, and the ones that seem
the most likely to pass are (IMHO) so bad that I'd rather not have
ternaries at all.

So, I'd probably lie on the first vote and just vote "no" to the whole
thing.