OO patterns with Python

Tim Gahnström /Bladerman tim at bladerman.com
Mon Feb 10 15:33:30 EST 2003

"Patrick Useldinger" wrote :
> My understanding is that OO is not that trivial, and that patterns have
been
> created as template solutions for common or difficult problems. As there
> seems to be no specific book on patterns with Python, can anybody
recommend
> a book or a URL on patters which is language-independant, so that I do not
> have to learn C++, Java or whatever first?

There is a lot of information about design patterns avalible online, you
will get numerous hits on google.

One site wich seems to have alot of general and background information is
http://www.enteract.com/~bradapp/docs/patterns-intro.html

If you want to se actual implementations of design patterns in pyton you
might want to have a look at "Design Patterns in Python"
http://www.python.org/workshops/1997-10/proceedings/savikko.html

Tough my personal opinion is that designpatterns are not the best aproach to
learn OO. Designpatterns are a part of OO tough not an essential part.

I think that you will be better of by creating some small OO programs before
you jump on to designpatterns, wich I sometimes find fairly hard to grasp.

Good luck

Tim