PEP308: Yet another syntax proposal

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Feb 10 20:28:17 EST 2003

Andrew Dalke wrote:

> My other comments stand, so I am now convinced that a
> true if/else short-circuiting operator is not needed (only about
> once every 5,000 lines or so) while an iff()-like builtin function
> is much more likely to be appropriate for most cases.

I'm still puzzled over the choice of `iff' for this idea.  In maths, it
means "if and only if," which is totally the wrong meaning for an "if
this, otherwise that" function.

Someone else, I believe, suggested `iif', but I _really_ can't see how
that helps.

/  \ Whoever contends with the great sheds his own blood.
\__/ Sa'di
    Polly Wanna Cracka? / http://www.pollywannacracka.com/
 The Internet resource for interracial relationships.