3D graphics programmers using Python?

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Fri Feb 7 16:31:42 EST 2003

Alex Martelli wrote:

> Problem is, there IS still the need for mucho study to use C++
> decently (with "study" to be taken as including experience;-).
> So one must guesstimate how much one will amortize this big
> investment in study-and-experience in the future...

It's the easiest guess in the world.  C++ is worth *MONEY*.  Anybody
starting out in CS, go learn your C++.  You can worry about migrating to
so-called "more efficient" languages after you've been in the workforce a
couple of years.

To any dinosaurs out there who have been programming for a long time, but
still haven't picked up C++.  Well, if you don't feel your skills are at all
threatened, keep doing what you're doing.  If you think you're not as
marketable as you used to be, go swallow some C++ already.  Geez it's not
like you need to be a C++ guru to get into it.

When Python is worth lotsa money everywhere then people will stampede to
Python.

20% of the world is real.