PEP 308: Pep Update
vze4rx4y at verizon.net
Thu Feb 13 08:02:26 CET 2003
Amended the PEP to reflect some convergence on the newsgroup:
* Listed the downsides of the current proposal.
* Listed why '<cond> then <expr1> else <expr2>' is starting to
be preferred over '<cond> and <expr1> or <expr2>'.
* After BDFL comments, I withdrew my c??a||b syntax
and deleted the rejected c?a!b syntax. The remaining
punctuation based contender is c?a:b.
* After BDFL rejection of non-short-circuiting options,
advocacy dropped sharply. Removed it from the list of
The leading options on the table are:
* (if <cond>: <expr1> else: >expr2>)
* <cond> then <expr1> else <expr2>
* <cond> ? <expr1> : <expr2>
* no change
More information about the Python-list