PyImport_Import() fails - what am I doing wrong here?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Feb 27 06:05:02 EST 2003

Bob Hepple wrote:
> The lack of a shared python library is no different in 2.2 - I've yet to
> investigate 2.3 or the history in this group of why there is no such
> shared library  - but if anyone wants to comment please jump right in!

Just one comment -- Mandrake 9.*  comes with a shared library
(a .so) for Python 2.2.* -- I'm not sure how they build it, but
studying the patches and build procedures in the relevant RPMs,
which you can download, unpack and study even if you use another
distro of course, might help (sorry, no time for this myself
in the foreseeable future...).

Alex