Guybrush and the Swordmaster (was: For review: PEP 308 - If-then-else expression)

Christian Tismer tismer at
Sun Feb 9 18:17:59 CET 2003

One dialog between Holger Krekel and Andrew Koenig
reminded me of the old Monkey Island game.
Does anybody remember?

Guybrush Threepwood fighting with the Swordmaster:

'You fight like a cow!'
"How appropriate!"
'You will wear my sword like a Sish Kebab!'
"I'm shakin', I'm shakin'!"

I carelessly reduced and cutted their (absolutely
positive) dispute into a form that resembles this a bit.

> holger> Still "Readability counts."
> And readability is often subjective.
> holger> "Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules."
> Although practicality beats purity.
> holger> Sure, why not use perl, then?
> A sufficient reason for me is the lack of orthogonality in Perl's
> type system.
> holger> f) is not an important enough use case to warrant new syntax
> Subjective.

Thanks for the funny message that rang this bell :-)

unseriously y'rs - chris

p.s.: Let's vote who of the two is Guybrush

Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer at>
Johannes-Niemeyer-Weg 9a     :    *Starship*
14109 Berlin                 :     PGP key ->
      whom do you want to sponsor today?