Perl Vs Python, Associative arrays, regex, and other considerations.

Rob Renaud rpgnmets at aol.com
Fri Feb 28 12:37:06 EST 2003

Cameron Laird wrote:

> In article <x7el5tu2q7.fsf at guru.mired.org>, Mike Meyer  <mwm at mired.org>
> wrote: .
> .
>>About equal. Both can be interfaced to other languages through C, you
>>can wrap C and C++ libraries for both with SWIG, and both have a
>>number of guis available, with tcl/tk being popular on both.
> .
> .
> .
> Mike, we disagree.  While I think enough of GUIfied Perl
> to maintain the authoritative FAQ for Perl/Tk, my view is
> that there's no comparison with the breadth of toolkit
> bindings Python offers.  PyQt, wxPython, ...  make for a
> stronger effective range of choices than I see from any
> other language, including C.

What about C++?  Considering both Qt and wxWindows are C++ libraries with
Python bindings.  I think it's fair to say most GUI libraries are written
in either C or C++, and every library written in C can be accessed easily
from C++.

What popular GUI libraries are available for Python and not available for
C++?