Project needs a name (was: Summary: as a multi-language portal (was: Some thoughts about Python, and non-English languages))

Anna revanna at
Wed Feb 19 04:21:34 CET 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:58:07 +0000, Erik Max Francis wrote:

> Terry Reedy wrote:
>> That was my intent with suggesting CosmoPython, with a 'Greek' prefix.
>> But looking further, I see that KosmoPython is the proper spelling for
>> that purpose, and it might not have the trademark problem.  Given that
>> Python is a Greek word, I think a Greek modifier of some sort would be
>> appropriate.

Pan meaning "all" in greek (FYI - that's where PanDaemoniam comes from)

from the Tower that pissed off G*d enough to disperse folks by causing
language... However watch out for a conflict with the Babel Fish

A worm or serpent with its tail in its mouth, symbolizing completion,
perfection and totality - (gee it's even a snake!)

Just my $.03 worth