Dynamic reloading?

Jeremy Fincher tweedgeezer at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 1 08:36:34 EST 2003

Has anyone developed a robust way to dynamically reload a program
(i.e., update instances to the new versions of reloaded classes, etc.)
since Python 2.2 introduced new-style classes?

I find that it significantly speeds up my development cycle to be able
to dynamically reload modules and classes, but the new-style classes
threw a bit of a wrench into the works.  What's commonly done in mixed
new-style/old-style programs to dynamically reload modules and
classes?

Thanks,
Jeremy