[Q] Learning ZOPE

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Fri Feb 7 19:45:46 EST 2003

On Friday 07 February 2003 02:07 am, Young-Jin Lee wrote:
> I would like to know what is the best way to learn ZOPE.
> I was reading the online ZOPE book on the ZOPE web sites, but I gave it up
> because the book is not written well.
> The examples on the book didn't work and there was no explanation.

In my opinion, the worse thing about the online Zope book is that is seems to
assume that you already understand the basic Zope concepts, even when
introducing them. In other words: the book do a poor job to explain Zope's
basic architecture. For someone just coming to Zope after hearing great stuff
about it, it's truly disappointing.

That said, I think that Zope is so different from it's competition as to make
an easy explanation rather difficult to come up with. It's hard to make
comparisons or analogies. But that's is Zope's greatest advantage also - it
is unique in many senses.

Carlos Ribeiro
cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br