Perl Vs Python, Associative arrays, regex, and other considerations.

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Feb 27 11:51:14 EST 2003

In article <x7el5tu2q7.fsf at guru.mired.org>, Mike Meyer  <mwm at mired.org> wrote:
			.
>About equal. Both can be interfaced to other languages through C, you
>can wrap C and C++ libraries for both with SWIG, and both have a
>number of guis available, with tcl/tk being popular on both.
			.
			.
			.
Mike, we disagree.  While I think enough of GUIfied Perl
to maintain the authoritative FAQ for Perl/Tk, my view is
that there's no comparison with the breadth of toolkit
bindings Python offers.  PyQt, wxPython, ...  make for a
stronger effective range of choices than I see from any
other language, including C.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net