Tkinter: drag-and-drop files (filenames) onto application?

Kevin@Cazabon.com kevin at cazabon.com
Mon Feb 17 15:42:05 EST 2003

I have an application that processes files (images), and I'd like the user
to be able to drag-and-drop files from his computer (desktop, explorer
window, etc.) to the application.  The app will need to capture the
filenames of the dropped files from there.

I've been looking at Tkdnd, but it only handles moving objects within an
application, not dropping objects from outside an application.

Any way to do this?  (ideally in a platform-independant way, but failing
that and world peace, I'll take a Windows-only solution too!)

Thanks!

Kevin.