interacting with gui-based programs

Nicholas Wieland nicholas_wieland at _yahoo.it
Wed Feb 19 20:05:30 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:45:17 -0800, Jeff wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I must say, I'm surprised that the only way to
> interact with the GUI of Mozilla and Kazaa running on Linux is using a
> closed-source program (AutoIt). Do langauges other than Python have
> modules that could be compiled and used with Python to interact with
> these GUIs? What language could AutoIt be written in that is more
> capable than Python?

I remember someone recently posted on a mailing list (probably anygui.org)
a link to a sourceforge project, a GUI toolkit for using Python and XUL...
can't remember the URL, sorry, do a quick search through anygui.org ML of
February.

HTH,
	Nicholas