Trouble installing MatPy

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 19 23:59:25 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 20:03, ananth wrote:
> I am trying to install MatPy0.4.0 .  I am using python 2.2
>
> I do not understand what a "make" is or how to modify a make file.

Sadly, MatPy is not using the distutils.  (And I'm not sure how actively
it is being developed or maintained)

> I copied the MatPy directory after unzipping to my Python directory.
> When I run the tests, the message I get is..

Just copying the directory somewhere won't work (in general).  You could
add the directory to your PYTHONPATH directory.

But the easiest thing (for you) is probably to copy the directory to:

C:\Python22\Lib\MatPy-0.4.0

and then rename it to C:\Python22\Lib\MatPy

ie. so that C:\Python22\Lib\MatPy\__init__.py exists.

That should make it visible to your installation (although it really
isn't the best way to do it)

Hopefully, someone who knows how to better set things like this up for
Windows will reply (I'm most familiar with Unix).  If you reinstall
Python, you will probably have to reinstall MatPy.

Post if the above doesn't work for you.

--
Bay Area Python Interest Group - http://www.baypiggies.net/

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)